- 4 ply blue yarn (less than 50 Grams) Acrylic or cotton
- 4 ply white yarn Acrylic or cotton
- 3.75 mm (f) hook
- Needle to weave in ends
Skill level: Easy
Stitches and abbreviations used:
- ch (chain)
- st (stitch)
- sts (stitches)
- sl st (slip stitch): Insert hook in stitch or space indicated, YO (yarn over) and draw through stitch and loop on hook.
- sc (single crochet): Insert hook in stitch or space indicated, YO and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), YO and draw through both loops on hook.
- hdc (half double crochet): YO, insert hook in stitch or space indicated. YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- hdctog (half double crochet together) decrease: YO insert hook in next stitch. YO pull up a loop. YO insert hook into next stitch. YO pull up a loop. YO pull through all 5 loops in hook.
- dc (double crochet): YO, insert hook in stitch or space indicated, YO and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook, YO and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.
- tr (treble crochet): YO twice, insert hook in stitch or space indicated, YO and pull up a loop (4 loops on hook), (YO and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times.
- increasing: More than one st in the same st.
- decreasing: two st in the same st, also known as tog.
- tog (together) ex. dctog, hdctog, sctog etc.
1 round: With blue yarn ch 14, make 1 dc in the third ch from the hook and in every st. In the last st, make 8 dc. Do not turn, continue working in the other side of the ch, make 4 dc in the last st (The first dc you made, where you also have a ch 3). You will have 5 dc and the ch 3 (fig. 1). Sl st in the top of ch 3.
2 round: Ch 2 and dc in the same st you sl and in the next 8 sts, 1 tr in each of the next 4 sts, 2 tr in the next 5 sts, 1 tr in the next 3 sts. Continue with 1 dc in every st, when you get to the increasing (the 8 dc in the same st you made in the first round) make 2 dc in every stitch. Sl st in the top of ch 2.
3 round: Ch 1, make 13 sc and then 2 sc in next st, 1 sc, 2 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc, 1 sc. Make 13 more sc and start increasing again, 2 sc, 1 sc in the next 3 sts, 2 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc, 1 sc sl st and fasten off.
Count 9 sts from the place you fasten off and attach the blue yarn (note that the wrong side of the sole is inside fig. 3), mark the other side with a marker or a piece of yarn, sc all till you find the st marked. Ch 1 and turn.
1 round: Sc in every st, ch 1 and turn.
2 - 5 rounds: repeat round 1.
6 round: Change to the white yarn, attach the yarn at the point where the sides and the sole join. Ch 2, hdc in every st ending where the sole joins with the sides. fasten off.
Front Part: (This part is made separately and sewn to the sole.)
1 round: Ch 20 leaving a long tail, (approximately 40 cm to sew this part to the sole) , hdc in the second ch from the hook, hdc in every st. Make the last st, ch 1 and turn.
2 round: Hdctog. (decrease) in the next two sts, hdc in every st, make a hdctog in the last 2 sts ch 1 and turn.
3-8 rounds: Repeat round 2.
The shape of this part will look like a triangle by this time (fig. 5). Put the piece in the right position (as shown in fig. 6) and secure it with a bobby pin or a piece of yarn. Sew it to the sole with the tale of yarn you left at the beginning of the piece. Fasten off and you are done!!